Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

San Francisco County

  •   State: 
    California
      County: 
    San Francisco County
      Zips: 
    94146
    94120
    94145
    94126
    94140
    94119
    94147
    94159
    94188
    94142
    94141
    94130
    94129
    94158
    94134
    94132
    94131
    94143
    94127
    94116
    94121
    94112
    94117
    94122
    94114
    94123
    94124
    94133
    94118
    94108
    94105
    94107
    94115
    94109
    94102
    94104
    94110
    94111
    94103
      Coordinates: 
    37.75971696985783, -122.69395766824199
      Area total: 
    231.89 sq. mi., 600.59 sq. km, 148409.60 acres
      Area land: 
    46.90 sq. mi., 121.48 sq. km, 30017.92 acres
      Area water: 
    184.99 sq. mi., 479.11 sq. km, 118391.68 acres
      Elevation: 
    934 ft (285 m)
      Established: 
    1850
      Capital seat: 

    San Francisco
    Address: 1 Dr. Carlton B Goodlett Place
    City Hall
    San Francisco, CA 94102-4689
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 11 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • San Francisco County, California, United States

  •   Population: 
    873,965; Population change: 8.54% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    18634.65 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $71,176
      Households: 
    220,236
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.80% per 556,056 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    8.50%
      Income taxes: 
    9.30%
      GDP: 
    $178.51 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • San Francisco County's population of California of 102,940 residents in 1930 has increased 7,57-fold to 779,233 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.10% female residents and 49.90% male residents live in as of 2020, 59.63% in San Francisco County, California are married and the remaining 40.37% are single population.

    As of 2020, 59.63% in San Francisco County, California are married and the remaining 40.37% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    406,628 residential units of which 91.45% share occupied residential units.

    33.5 minutes is the average time that residents in San Francisco County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    40.39% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.78% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 30.67% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.62% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in San Francisco County, California 32.35% are owner-occupied homes, another 61.51% are rented apartments, and the remaining 6.14% are vacant.

  • The 40.86% of the population in San Francisco County, California who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 13.660%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 84.160%) of those eligible to vote in San Francisco County, California.

Skyline of San Francisco County

In 51 U.S. states are published

5242 Companies
1654 Counties
2831 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Better Housing League

9545 Kenwood Rd UNIT 204, Blue Ash, OH 45242

Find the Children

655 Cottage St NE, Salem, OR 97301

Ceres Partnership

1317 Grandview Ave, Ceres, CA 95307

Pace Program Frank Olean Center

472 Main St, Hopkinton, RI 02804

South Central Community Action Program

533 S Main St, Chambersburg, PA 17201

Other Companies

WIC-Community Care Foundation

742 W Commerce St, Fairfield, TX 75840

Child Protective Services

501 Birdwell Ln # 28D, Big Spring, TX 79720

Women's Wellness Center

936 Bedford Rd, Morris, IL 60450

Homer Infant Learning Program

3691 Ben Walters Ln STE 4, Homer, Alaska 99603

Loudoun Citizens For Social

105 E Market St, Leesburg, VA 20176

Landscape of California